Monday, September 24, 2007

Goin' Fishin'

I brought my Girl Scout Troop fishing yesterday. The weather was awesome-- not too hot, and certainly not cold. Unfortunately, the fish weren't biting and most of the girls gave up.
But not Samantha! She waited and waited... and after two hours she finally caught a Sunfish!! Yippee!! You can see how happy she was. There were other people at the pond we were at, and the little kids were catching all sorts of fish... but not our girls :( Samantha was getting very upset, until she caught her own!
Here she is putting a worm on a hook. Yuck. She was the ONLY girl who would do it... even the boy who tagged along refused to touch the worms! I thought it was funny when he asked Sam to do his for him!!
Here is Sam holding another kids' fish... but can you see the fish is sucking right onto her finger?? Yes, one of the dad showed us this. I even held the fish like this, for a second or two!! It was pretty fun!

4 comments:

Dee Brake said...

sure looks like fun, i remember as a kid, i was one of very few kids who would touch the bait. i loved to go fishing with my dad. i sometimes wanted to save the fish I caught separate from the rest so i could be the one to eat my own fish.

Unknown said...

She's a regular little fisherman :)
What a great fish!

Amy Marie said...

Wow glad she got rewarded for sticking with it. Great photos.

Unknown said...

I love fishing. WTG Sam on catching the fish, there's a life lesson in that, perserverance pays off.