Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 30th


Look at what we have now!! Art has been working all day on our new deck. He is almost done with it, except for the stairs and the gate. (Where the ladder is, that is where the stairs will be)

Here is a view from the back of the house. He had the EZ-UP up on the deck to keep 1. the sun off of him, and 2. the rain off of him. It's a good thing he did, too, because it poured for about an hour in the middle of the day! Of course, it was not easy getting the EZ-UP on there... it is almost the width of the deck, so at one point one side fell off... and you know how Art can get! I laughed, and that didn't make it any better. Oops. But we managed to get it up, and get it to stay, so all was well!

Here is a view of the back of the house. See the big apple tree in the center? Man, it's really looking ratty in this picture... but it is such a pretty tree! Art wants to also re-do the porch off of our bedroom to match this one. Not this year, I'm sure... but maybe next summer? Of course, that means we'll have to get rid of the brown deck that is painted white in some spots because 4-year-old Samantha wanted to "help us" and started painting our deck not soon after we first moved in! Stinker! But we've kept it there all this time, just for the cute memory!

Had to add a kid picture! I brought the kids to the local Science museum on Thursday. It's a small museum, so we only stayed about an hour or so. But I had free passes so I had to use them up!
And I just have to mention that today, August 30th, is the 17 year "anniversary" of the day I met Gloria Estefan for the first time! Isn't it funny how certain dates are stuck in your head? I will never forget that day. Sarah and I had a ball, meeting lots of people and (gasp!) wandering around downtown Albany, at 14. The good ole days!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That deck looks great! I want an apple tree, they are really pretty.

Amy Marie said...

That is an awesome looking deck! Your husband does good work.

bahama97 said...

Awesome deck! I'd love to have a deck off our bedroom.