Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday

Have you ever seen a hermit crab out of its shell? One of our hermit crabs decided to switch shells, and stayed "naked" for a whole day. I got this neat picture of him (or her?)! He stayed in the corner of the tank the whole day, but he finally decided on a nice blue Snoopy shell!
Got a nice compliment about Samantha today. One of the girl's basketball coaches mentioned to us that "Sam really stood out" at tryouts and did "Very well". That meant a lot to us considering the coach was also her softball coach and he really knows her.
Speaking of Samantha, she got STUDENT OF THE MONTH for September!!!
Will had his first basketball try out today. He did really well! And he looked like he was having a lot of fun so that is the most important thing! He even wore his "Pippen" jersey (that is about 5 times too big!) to the try outs!!
I bought Will the book "Joy of Origami" and it is really cool! He has already done a couple of the birds in the book. I even surprised myself by figuring one out! It's pretty funny when your 8 year old is teaching you how to do something. He's a great teacher too. Much more patient than me!
I got a BIG SCARE today. Little Samantha never got off of the school bus. When I called the bus garage, no one answered. So I called the school, and was told that they couldn't reach the bus garage either and I should just keep trying. I tried again, but when I couldn't get through I finally called her parents. I reached her dad and he was like, "Oh, um, that's because she came home sick today. Sorry, I forgot to call you". He did certainly sound like he felt awful...but oh my God! I was so stressed out!!
And I am now officially 1/2 of the way through the book "The Crazy Ladies of Pearl Street" which I am reading as part of a book club at the library. It's a really neat book, even neater since it talks about Albany and Rensselaer and all other places I am familiar with. I recommend this book!

2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Wow that is so cool.. I had one and hardley ever saw it move let alone come out of it's shell...

Unknown said...

That's cool that you got a photo of it without its shell. Guess what I saw for the first time in my life, in reality not photos? A hermit crab in Tahiti. We don't have them here in NZ.