Thursday, October 11, 2007

R.I.P. Hamtaro

I'm sorry to say, Hamtaro passed away this morning. We're not really sure what happened. He escaped from his cage yesterday... and this morning Shea "brought" him to me. We think maybe he just had a heart attack or something. He was almost 2 1/2 years old.
Art made this adorable little coffin for him. (Anyone recognize the old tablecloth!?) Samantha decorated it. Art made it totally freehand... and it was just the perfect size.

***warning, you may not want to see the next picture...***





As you can see, Hamtaro fit perfectly in Art's little coffin. Yes, I know it's a bit morbid to have a picture of a dead hamster... but I couldn't resist.
Samantha is pretty upset. But I think she knew this was coming... she knows the life expectancy of a hamster is only 2 years.
Colby was really upset too... he's the one who found him, so he's a little traumatized.
Will was perfectly fine with it though. Didn't shed a tear. He's the one who picked the hamster up and put him in a box for me.
So interesting how different they all are.
Well, rest in peace Hamataro... You were a great hamster.

Onto some other Leahon news...
Samantha's cheerleading squad has competition in just 3 days. Wish them luck!! We have to be at the coach's house at 6 am on Sunday morning... ooph! It will be a fun, long day!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about Hamtaro. I hope everyone is starting to feel better now.