Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25th!!

















Today is the last day of school!!!!!!!
The kids are excited and I'm excited too. They are definitely ready for summer break. With the nice weather all night, it's been hard getting Colby to bed. And then of course it's hard getting him up in the morning!! These guys need to sleep in. Will has been getting up at 6:30 and then fishing!! It's cute.

The hot weather is finally here so the pool has been getting a lot of use! Colby got a star wars floatie and they love it!! They like to flip eachother off of it. Even Owen went in the pool for a few minutes. He liked it, but he wasn't in too much. I did set up a little baby pool/sprinkler of his... but he HATED it! Cried and cried. I think the water was too cold or something. Or maybe he was tired. Either way, he didn't like it at all.

Art and I also had him on the trampoline one night and he didn't like that either. He was okay sitting on my lap but if I put him on the trampoline itself he cried. I don't think he liked that the floor was moving. He definitely knows fear now.

The kids will get their report cards today. Well, the boys will. Sam's will be sent to her next week because she had finals. I'm eager to see who the boys have for teachers next year. I can't believe the year is over. This year flew by. I feel like I missed a lot and forgot a lot. Probably because of Owen but I hate to say that.

Samantha's travel team is well under way. But she had miss a game last night because her own knee is swollen and is hurting her. I'm going to call the orthopedist today and see what the say. She does have PT today too but they will just stretch it. She also is having a hard time straightening it out. Hopefully it's okay.

Will tie dyed a shirt at school and it's awesome! The 4th grade played a huge kickball game yesterday and it was really fun. 40ish kids on a team!! I'm glad I was able to watch some of it.

Colby's teacher wanted him to go to summer school again this year...but I'm not sending him. This is really the last summer that I feel comfortable not sending him. She is giving us a packet of work, and his reading teacher gave us a packet of work, and I plan on doing it with Colby over the summer. He just needs to read!!! I wish I could get my hands on more comic book- books for him.

Yesterday was my last day with Samantha and Nick. I'm sad that they are no longer coming here, and I will miss them.

Happy Last Day of School!!!!

1 comment:

Amy Marie said...

Tracy I wish we had more books like that for Jac too.. if we find some we'll share okay... he needs ot read more too.. didn't do well on his year end eval for reading.. but I think part is he just gets so nervous, and they do it for another teacher not the one he's had all year! Let me know if you find any good reads!