Friday, April 10, 2009

New haircut, new glasses, and a dr. appt!





We finally convinced Will to cut his hair. It's not that we didn't like it... it was so *him*. But it was just so messy looking, and there was nothing we could do to neaten it up. Will refused to spike it, half the time he didn't even want to brush it... and a lot of the time part of it was sticking up!!! So since Easter is coming, and we are planning to have a family portrait done next week, we talked him into cutting his hair. Art cut it. Doesn't he look SO different? And older! We definitely think he looks old.
I certainly miss the "old him".... but I love the new him too!
And his new glasses came in this week. I love them!

Owen is 6 months old now so he had his 6 month appointment today. I guessed he would weigh 20 pounds...but he is only 18 lbs. 4 oz. Still a peanut!! That's A-okay with me!!

I'm thinking about getting him a bigger carseat... he is pretty close to outgrowing the infant seat. Not to mention, it's really heavy to carry around. I have my mei tai to carry him when I need to, and I have a shopping cart seat cover to sit him in... so the car seat at this point is just a car seat. I want to get one that can be rear facing up to AT LEAST 35 pounds. I want him to be rear facing at least until 2 years old, maybe longer. I decided when he was a couple of months old that I would do extended rear-facing... but just this week I heard that the AAP recently made a recommendation that children be rear facing until at least 2 years old!! Yeah!!

Happy Good Friday.

No comments: