Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter at our house!


Coloring Easter Eggs was so much fun this year! Samantha was really creative and happily coloring her eggs and writing on them with a white crayon. Will was more serious about it... he took a long time to get his eggs "just right". And Colby, he was funny! You would have thought he'd never colored eggs before... was very afraid of dropping eggs so he kept asking Daddy to help him... and he was amazed when they changed colors!
The Easter Bunny brought the kids baskets and hid some eggs. Unfortunately, Samantha also helped hide some eggs. She was like, "Mom, can I help you hide the eggs? Please?" and even thought I tried to play the game she was like, "I know the truth..." and well, she was pretty cool about being excited to hide them and being excited when the boys searched for them!
The boys got haircuts on Saturday...now Will has a well-defined mohawk (that he puts hair cement in so it is solid) and Colby has a "army man cut" that he "hates". I kinda miss the long hair too....




On Easter morning we went to church and then to Aunt Terry's, where we took the picture of the cousins. We got to eat the Paska bread and kielbasa with boiled eggs. We also had a ham dinner here at home, with Grandpa Bill.
Unfortunately, this Baby has not let up on me yet. I'm still getting sick at least once a day. It's usually in the afternoon/early evening, preceded by a few hours of nausea. That's why I spent most of Easter in bed. It really stinks. I need it to go away soon because it is getting really hard to eat. It's not easy when you think it's just going to come back up.
I'm reading a book called "Packaging Girlhood" and let me tell you, it is an eye-opener. I'm happy to report that I've already done a lot of the things the book recommends with regard to Samantha... but it makes me very nervous about the coming years and all the horrible things that are marketed to "tweens" and teens. So far she's not into any of that, but it may be only a matter of time. Also, it makes me a bit nervous if this baby is a girl.... now that I see all the ways toys and sex and boyfriends are marketed to even the youngest girls, it makes me sad and sick.
Hard to believe but tomorrow is Will's 9th birthday! I cannot wait to give him his present! It's the "only thing" he wanted... but you'll have to wait to see what it is!

2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Looks like you had tons of Easter fun... except for the throwing up parts..

bahama97 said...

Glad your family had a great Easter...hopefully you'll be able to enjoy more soon.

I know exactly what you are talking about...with Alyssa being 16, it is very nerve-wracking. I'm sure you'll do fine! **hugs**