Monday, May 7, 2007

Happy Birthday, Colby!

Today is Colby's 6th birthday. It is so hard to believe that he has been a part of my life for 6 years. He's my baby, my little guy... who is actually quite a big boy! A big, gorgeous, loving, beautiful little boy. My Colby James. Who is six years old!!
We had cake after dinner. He chose dinner-- "mashed potatoes and soda". He added in chicken nuggets when I told him to pick something to go with it! Oh, and "yellow green beans"... wax beans. It was a yummy dinner!
We gave him a Rescue Pet Alarm Clock, which he LOVES!! And also a Spiderman slip n slide. He loved them both. Which makes me glad because he wanted Heelys, or an ipod, or a Nintendo DS... all of which we couldn't afford just now. So I was pleasantly surprised when he was SO EXCITED to get the Rescue Pet and made a big deal about saying it's what he always wanted... :)
Colby is my little guy... he's six now but he still sleeps in my bed half the night almost every night. He loves to cuddle, and hug, and be held. And I'm going to hold him even more now... because he is growing up right befor emy eyes and I know it won't be long before he doesn't climb in to my bed at night, or want to cuddle and hug, and he'll be too big to carry.
It's bittersweet... I love to see him grow but I wish he wouldn't.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Colby!!! I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is nothing like little boy cuddles. Happy birthday Colby!