Friday, March 6, 2009




TGIFriday!!
I love Fridays... mostly because it's a day to myself... no kids to babysit, and my kids are at school! I look forward to being able to go to the Y and start my aerobics classes back up... when Owen is a little older and I have someone to watch him, of course.
Yesterday was such a nice day! Only 40 degrees, but the sun was shining. I brought Owen for a nice long walk with my friend Barb and her 2 boys. Owen was in the babyhawk and he loved it.
On Tuesday I picked up a Jolly Jumper for Owen! Bought it from a woman on Craiglist. What a bargain! $10 and he's able to jump around all the time! He loves to jump so this is perfect for him. AND- it has two rings to attach toys to, right at the perfect height for him to mouth them, but they can't fall down! Genius!
On Tuesday Colby also had an appoinment with the dentist to get sealants put on his teeth. He tried 6 months ago, but he threw up when they tried to do it. So naturally he was nervous and all worked up by the time we got there. They couldn't do it. He *woudn't even open his mouth*. He is a very stubborn boy and so I knew there was no way they would get him to open it. So we left again. Dentist called me later and said they'd rather he see a pediatric dentist, and so now I need to find one of those. OY!
The boys are testing next week for tae kwon do. Because of Art working evenings, and having about 2 weeks of us being sick, the boys are way behind and we're having to play catch up! I know we can do it, but it feels like we are always at tae kwon do now. But they are almost halway to black belts, there is a light at the end of the tunnel- and it's a great light!! :)
Samantha is definitely becoming a teen- she is *begging* us for a cell phone. Don't you know she is the ONLY kid in her class without one?? It really doesn't help that most of her friends, and even her younger cousin, has one... but we are sticking to our guns for now. It's an extra expense we just don't need. And we've seen her use her friends' phones for texting....we'd never see her again!!! Ha ha. We really are considering it but it's funny how she is changing so quickly. Six months ago she had absolutely no interest in a cell phone...(She hates talking on the phone)... but then she discovered texting!
Speaking of Samantha... I don't know if I said she was STUDENT OF THE MONTH in December? There is a breakfast next week in honor of her and the other students who got student of the month.
And also, we got a letter saying she is welcome to apply to be in the Maple Hill Middle School National Junior Honor Society!!! Woot woot! I am so proud of her! There is an application we need to fill out, and of course there's a chance she won't be chosen to be in it (they only take so many) but I am still so proud of her! I was in National Honor Society so it means a lot to me!
Still no progress on our bedroom... we're needing to get carpet and we're just so busy. I should just tell Art to get pick one up! I'm ready to have my room back together.

Have a Happy Friday! Enjoy this pre-spring weather!

No comments: