Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday January 11

Here is a cute picture of Owen. I put him in the corner of the couch, to pose him so that I could get a picture of him in this outfit (because it is now just too small...) and this is what Owen does-- he arches his back and tries to move! It's pretty funny, considering he really doesn't care where he is... he doesn't care if he's on the couch or on the floor or whatnot...but now that he has the ability to arch his back and "move" he does it whenever he can!!!
Same place... and a BIG smile and laugh from Owen!!


Here is Colby and Owen... they were snuggling on the couch in the basement one day, watching TV. It's amazing how the TV attracts Owen's attention so much!!


We got lots of snow last night, about 6 inches or so. Here is a picture of Will outside helping Daddy carry in firewood so that we don't get cold.


And here is my best news--
I went to CVS today, I bought this stuff, and I only paid 81 cents!! Yes, CVS is my new obsession. Every week it's a new game to see what I can get, and how little I can spend. This is probably one of my best weeks.
How did I do it?
Well, this is what I paid for everything:
Hershey chocolate bars: 2 for $3.00
CVS brans mouthwash: $2.99
Kotex pads with bonus pantyliners: $3.27
Johnson and Johnson dental floss: $1.99 *BOGO*
Listerine Smartrinse: $4.29
Nature Valley Granola Bars: $6.99 for the 2 pack
Johnson and Johnson First Aid Kit: $.99 cents
Johson and Johnson Buddies soap: $1.19
(The Kotex were supposed to be $4.99, but rang up at $3.27-- cool!)
And then....
I had coupons!!!!
$1 off Kotex pads, 1 off dental floos, $1 off smartrinse, 2 $1 off coupons for granola bars, $1 off the first aid kit, and $1 off Buddies soap, and $3 off any CVS brand item. ($10 in all). Plus, I had $20.97 in ECBs that I redeemed.
So basically, $31.70 worth of merchandise cost me 81 cents!!!!
What else happened this weekend??
Well, Samantha and Will both had basketball games...Will had two, actually. They all lost :( Samantha got hit in the lip at her game... but Will is improving a lot...
The boys had bowling on Saturday morning. Will did awesome-- scored a 134 on his first game!!! Plus on Saturday we *got my van back* which is nice. It is so much nicer driving that than the little bambino car!
We're cooking dinner now (baked ziti, yum!) and getting ready for tomorrow. Art is still working evenings so he'll be home during the day tomorrow. We plan to get Owen's 3 month portraits taken and then do a little grocery shopping. Along with my CVS "game", I'm also trying to stick to a grocery budget. So far we're about $50 over, but I bought some stuff that I won't have to buy again for a few weeks, so hopefully I'll come out even at the end of the month. And if not, at least it will give us a good idea of where our money is going. So far we've realized that we spend over $25 a week on MILK!!! and if I had my way, we'd spend about $15 a week on ice cream... :) ha ha ha...
Off to enjoy the night with the family. Happy Sunday.






No comments: