Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Monday again!

I'm getting so excited!! Only 17 days until Christmas!
I'm getting so stressed! Only 17 days until Christmas!!

I think my last update was 5 days ago... so let's see, what has happened since then?
Art worked the evening shift every night last week. It was doable, but difficult.

My Girl Scout troop went to Candyland on Wednesday and made Gingerbread houses! Only 4 girls showed up, so it was a nice small group. Sam was pegged as a "perfectionist" by the woman who was in charge. It was pretty funny!
Thankfully my mom watched Will and Colby for me, and brought them to tae kwon do. They are supposed to test this Thursday so they need to get in their time. They will go tonight and hopefully will both have approval to test (Colby already does.)

Thursday night was stressful!! Colby had cub scouts, at the same time Will had basketball, and basketball was in East Greenbush. Luckily the coach was willing to bring him to and from practice. The rest of us went to cub scouts. They made paper (see the pictures) which was really neat. Colby's was green- it's in the living room right now. It's like no one wants to touch it for fear we will rip it! We made it through scouts, even though Colby lost his neckerchief, slide, and book... ugh! We got the neckerchief and slide back... now we just need to find the book.

On Friday night, I was running like crazy! Luckily, Colby went to a friend's house after school and was invited to spend the night. Aaah-- one kid down!! At 7, Samantha went to her Very first school dance! She had loads of fun! She "dressed up" in a nice pink shirt and jeans. She met her friends Bella and Anna there. I went in at the end to pick her up, and watched her do the Chicken dance and the Conga. It was cute. My little baby is growing up!!!
Also at 7, Will had Cub Scouts... so I dropped him off there. They worked on their first aid badge at the ambulance garage. Apparently I was late picking him up...or rather, they got done earlier than expected... because he called home and left a message to pick him up!
But I wasn't home because at 7, I was also supposed to be at my sister's house to celebrate my Aunt Terry's 50th birthday! It worked out, that even though I got ther at 7:15, Terry didn't show up until 7:30! It was nice to see everyone... and they loved seeing Owen. It was so weird to only have the baby with me!! My little (cousin?) Jada got a lesson in breastfeeding... she was so curious, and so I had to explain what I was doing. But I was honest about it and I don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't quite comfortable being the one to explain it... but I figure I'm in the best position to do it! The funniest part was when she lifted the blanket "It's covering his face!" and then was so surprised and said "He's sucking on you!" My Aunt Tina had to walk away laughing!...


On Saturday morning Colby had basketball try outs. Nothing big, just to see who is on what team. Art brought him there, and I brought Will bowling. Nothing exciting at bowling this week.

Then at noon Sam had her first basketball game! They lost, but only by 1 basket! It was a very exciting game because it was a close score the whole time. Samantha was so fun to watch- it's awesome when it's your kid who is one of the best players!! She got a few baskets and even some fouls :)

Samantha and Will spent the night with Theresa and Chuck and Desiree. Colby was supposed to, but he has had a VERY poor attitude and had to be punished, so we kept him home. Theresa fed them ziti and lasagna, so they were happy as can be!!
Art and I had some friends over on Saturday night. (By the way, gotta give a shout out to my best friend Pam! Hi Pam! She reads my blog too and I've never mentioned her...) Anyways, Pam and Corey and some other friends came over. The guys drank and played darts. Poor Art had a hangover all day yesterday!! It was loads of fun. Some "adult interaction" is always fun for a SAHM!!

Yesterday we woke up to snow! A good dusting, and icy roads... yuck. Thank goodness we bought Sam new boots! Now we need to get Will some. And gloves for all of them. Where do they go???
Sam went to my niece Braelyn's birthday party yesterday. It was a FANCY NANCY party, and the little girls dressed Sam up with make up and did her hair! I can't wait to see pictures! And then my Girl Scouts went ice skating. I didn't want to go, especially with Owen since it would be so cold.. so Art went with her and they enjoyed it.

Will went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra last night with Grandpa Bill!!

Today Owen went to the dr. for his 2 months check up. He had to have 2 shots and another vaccine that he swallowed. (actually, he spit most of it back out...) I hated him getting his shots but it was over quick and he didn't cry for too too long... And he fell asleep on the way home and is still sleeping 2 hours later...
STATS:

Owen 8 weeks old : 13 pounds 3 ounces, 24 1/2 inches long
Samantha 9 weeks old: 9 pounds 2 1/2 ounces, 22 1/2 inches long
Will 8 weeks old: 14 pounds 7 1/2 ounce, 25 inches long
Colby 8 weeks old: 15 pounds 5 ounces, 25 inches long


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Cute pics!!! Owen is growing quite well!!