Thursday, January 17, 2008

This past week...!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a week now. It seems that we have been extremely busy lately and when I do get on the computer, I am kept busy with my emails and message boards!

What have we been up to this week?

Since Will's picture is first, I'll tell you about that first. When he went bowling on Saturday he was given this trophy because he came in FIRST place at the Christmas Challenge they had! I am so proud of him! He has really come a long way since he began bowling almost a year ago. His first scores were in the 30s and now his average is 87!


Do you recognize this next person?? This is Hannah Montana! We went to Hannah Montana/ Jonas Brothers/ Miley Cyrus concert

last Wednesday. What a circus that was! It was so crowded! And I had to hold all 3 kids' hands the whole time because I was afraid I would lose them! We had seats on the floor-- and because they had a stage that had a "runway" shooting out the middle, we ended up with 4th row seats!! It was amazing. Unfortunately, everyone in front of us stood and we couldn't see all too well. Sam could, but Colby had to be held on my lap, and Will sat most of the time, just listening and making origami animals out of the programs they gave us!

I am reading the book "Wicked" for an online book club. Wow, what a book! If you know anything about the Wizard of Oz you should read this book, it will change your thoughts! I'm having a hard time putting it down- I want to go and read it now!

The kids are full swing in basketball. Samantha's team finally won their first game last Saturday!! They were so excited, and who can blame them? They are improving so much but they are really no match for the teams they have been put up against. And on Sunday they played again, and they were creamed... and poor Samantha got elbowed in the shoulder. I don't what was hurt more, her shoulder or her ego. She ended up sitting out the whole second half of the game.
Will's team is doing well. They win some, they lose them... fun to watch, Will is really getting the hang of the game now! And Colby, his team is just fun to watch. They really have no clue what they are doing!

It's almost time for the boys to test again in tae kwon do, so we have been trying to get them to class as often as possible. Colby is one stripe behind Will. They are hoping to move from orange belt to green.

Samantha is sick again. She's been complaining of a headache, sore throat, and stomach ache. She's been out of school for 3 days now. Poor thing! Although I'm not complaining, because she's being extra cuddly!

Another thing that happened to Sam last Friday, at basketball practice, she was hit in the cheek with the ball, and it knocked a whole side of her braces off! Completely came undone. We had to make an emergency trip to the orthodontist on Monday, but all is well now.

Colby lost a tooth this morning, so we'll be expecting a visit from the tooth fairy tonight! I hope she remembers, she has a habit of forgetting sometimes.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

bahama97 said...

So cool about the concert! The girls wanted to see her but they sold out fast around here.

Glad to hear all is going well!